Saturday, August 18, 2007

Anything Can Be A Weapon

The current issue of Renaissance Magazine has some excellent articles on Medieval siege weapons and warfare. If you need information along those lines, I'd highly recommend picking up a copy.

I'm thinking the best way to get information on weapons out is to profile individual weapons. If anyone has any suggestions for a specific one they'd like more information on, just let me know. In the meanwhile, I'll find something and get a post up as soon as I've gotten a decent amount of information.

Anyway, I was thinking about how all sorts of things have and can be used as a weapon in a pinch, and I recalled a news story about a burglar who broke into a house while the family was having dinner. One of the family members (I vaguely recall it being the father, though I'm not certain) picked up a can of soup and threw it at the guy. It hit him in the head, he fell over, and they called the police. On the way to the station, the guy complained about a headache, so they took him to the hospital, where he died.

Several searches have failed to turn up the story, though I'm sure I'll eventually find it. While looking, though, I did find this: a killer turnip. Ain't No Way To Go is an interesting site, though I sadly don't think it's been updated for several years.

1 comment:

Mark said...

On average, the typical suburban living room contains between 15-25 items which can be used as a hand weapon. Ashtrays, magazines, newspapers, pens, a remote control, lamps, fireplace poker, etc. It all depends on the midset of the inividual using them.